Sign up here for Anne’s Newsletter!
ADVANCE REVIEW TEAM
Anne is putting together a small Advance Review Copy (ARC) team of twenty-five individuals who are interested in reviewing her future books.
This is NOT a place to sign up for free books that you think you might eventually read and review. Please read the below information carefully.
So how does this work?
In exchange for an e-copy of an ARC, a team member will leave an honest review of a soon-to-be-released book. Reviews can be as long or as short as you like, though both Amazon and Goodreads have a minimum word requirement. For now, the team will consist of 25 spots. ARC reviewers will be chosen from those who apply. An application (see below) does not guarantee a spot, but Anne is happy to set up a waitlist.
IF chosen for the team, a member will receive an early e-copy of future books (for free made available for download as a MOBI or an EPUB file from BookFunnel).
***You MUST be able to side load these files onto your Kindle or other e-reader as there is a limit to one download attempt per person.*** Anne Renwick will not be providing tech support (because she honestly has no advice to offer). However, BookFunnel does offer some assistance.
Following your download, you’ll have two weeks to post your review on both Amazon and Goodreads (required).
ARCs will be available for a limited amount of time before the link expires. (If you miss out, you’ll need to wait for the next release.) If life interferes (because it all too often does) please do not download the ARC file. (Instead, drop Anne an email, and she’ll hold your spot.) BookFunnel and/or Anne will remind you to post your review before the two weeks are up. If you cannot post your review within this period, you will be removed from the list.
Can you give the free book away when you’re done reading? No. Sharing your ARC (with a family member, a friend, or by uploading it anywhere online) is illegal. Sharing in this manner is considered piracy. Files are sent with embedded information, so that if they are passed along, they can be tracked back to their origins.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – Please read carefully.
By signing up, you agree:
- That you are at least 18 years of age.
- That you have an Amazon account from which to post reviews. *You do not have to be a resident of the USA to participate.*
- That you have a Goodreads account.
- That you are subscribed to Anne’s newsletter (see above).
- That you will receive copies of future books (not her backlist). However, there is no guarantee you will receive any or all books.
- That you will share your real name, your email address, your Goodreads page, and your Amazon page. (Anne will not share or forward this information. She will, however, add this information to her email list in order to provide you with ARC download links and reminders of the two-week review terms.)
- That you understand Anne Renwick will not be providing technical support. Members are responsible for loading files on their reading devices. Only MOBI and EPUB files will be provided. You may contact BookFunnel directly for any support they offer.
- That you will post (within two weeks of receiving the book) a review at both Amazon and Goodreads, including the following line required by Federal Trade Commission: “I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.”
- That, at the end of the two-week period, you will submit the link to your reviews on Amazon and Goodreads by emailing annerenwick1 (at) gmail (dot) com. This confirms your compliance with the rules and maintains your place on the team. Failing to do so will result in being removed from the team without notice (unless you have previously contacted Anne).
- That terms of membership may change at any time without notice. The entire review team can be disbanded at any time.
- That you will not pass on, upload online, share, or pirate this ARC.
- That you understand sign-ups will only be contacted if a spot is available.
- That reviewers are chosen at the sole discretion of the author.
Now that all those legal conditions are out of the way, if you’re still interested, here’s how you sign up:
To join, email annerenwick1 (at) gmail (dot) com with the following information in the body of the email:
- Your real name
- A statement that you are at least 18 years of age
- An email for: 1) communicating with the author and 2) downloading ARC files
- A link to a previous review of one of Anne Renwick’s past novels.
- Links to both your Goodreads and Amazon pages