Though award-winning author Anne Renwick holds a Ph.D. in biology and greatly enjoyed tormenting the overburdened undergraduates who were her students, fiction has always been her first love. Today, she writes steampunk romance, placing a new kind of biotech in the hands of mad scientists, proper young ladies and determined villains. Anne is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
Anne brings an unusual perspective to steampunk. A number of years spent locked inside the bowels of a biological research facility left her permanently altered. In her steampunk world, the Victorian fascination with all things anatomical led to a number of alarming biotechnological advances. Ones that the enemies of Britain would dearly love to possess.
- B.A. in Biology, University of Pennsylvania
- M.A. in Anthropology, The Graduate Center, CUNY
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
Five Little-Known Facts:
1) Anne grew up in a small Pennsylvania town with exactly one traffic light.
2) She can play the piano (and is partial to show tunes).
3) She once worked on Wall Street (as a secretarial temp).
4) She was a teaching assistant for a medical school’s Gross Anatomy class.
5) She can wiggle her ears.
The Golden Spider
The Silver Skull
A Trace of Copper
Short Stories (coming soon):
The Tin Rose
Kraken & Canals
Myths and Magic
COVERS & BLURBS
THE GOLDEN SPIDER
The Elemental Web Series – Book One
A stolen clockwork spider. A forbidden romance. A murderous spy on the streets of London who must be stopped before it’s too late.
THE SILVER SKULL
The Elemental Web Series – Book Two
An illegal border crossing. A fake marriage. A mad German count determined to create an army of unbreakable soldiers.
A TRACE OF COPPER
An Elemental Web Tale – A Novella
A small Welsh village. An interrupted romance. A rogue frog on the loose threatening their future.